When brands draw on heritage, that usually means resurrecting a classic colourway or style element. It never means resurrecting the sneaker's heritage price! But New Balance are defying the norm with the release of the 990v4 'Est. 1982' and selling pairs for the OG 990's $100 price tag! It was famously exey then, but today it's an absolute steal.
Now for the bad news: there are only 1500 pairs. Fifteen cities around the world will sell 100 pairs a piece. In the US, pairs will be sold straight out of specially branded shipping containers at six of the seven locations. (You'll need to buy them the ol' fashioned way in Atlanta.)
The New Balance 990v4 'Est. 1982' releases April 14 exclusively through the following stockists:
- New Balance, NYC, 150 5th Ave.
- Foot Locker, Atlanta, Greenbriar Pkwy SW
- Shoe Palace, Palo Alto, 451 University Ave.
- Kicks USA, Philadelphia, 2339 Cottman Ave.
- New Balance, San Francisco, 856 Market St.
- YCMC, Washington DC, 1060 Brentwood Rd. NE
- YCMC, Windsor Mill, 6901 Security Blvd.
- END, London, Ebor Street
- Solebox, Berlin, Nuernberger Strasse 14
- One Block Down, Milan, Piazza Ventiquattro Maggio
- Tsvetnoy, Moscow, 10 trans. Stoleshnikov
- Alcorta, Buenos Aires, Jerónimo Salguero 3172
- New Balance, Seoul412 Gangnam-daero, Yeoksam 1-dong
- NB 1906, Shanghai, No.958 West Nanjing Road
- NB Shibuya Pop-up, Tokyo, Shibuya Cast, 1 Chome-23-21 Shibuya