The New Balance 990v4 'Est. 1982' Will Release in Fifteen Cities
In 1982, the New Balance 990 changed the face of performance running, becoming the first running shoe priced at $100 USD. However, making use of pig suede, 3M reflective transfer film and the brand’s molded Motion Control Device, the premium price tag was well warranted.
Fast forward to 2018, New Balance will release a new Made in USA 990v4 that pays tribute to that iconic grey sneaker — but only 15 cities will receive the uber-limited 1500-pair release. Each city will receive 100 pairs, with the RRP set at the ‘OG’ mark of $100 USD. A piece of sneaker history for $100? Yes, please.
You can cop the grey Made in USA 990v4 ‘Est. 1982’ at the following locations worldwide:
- New Balance, NYC, 150 5th Ave.
- Foot Locker, Atlanta, Greenbriar Pkwy SW
- Shoe Palace, Palo Alto, 451 University Ave.
- Kicks USA, Philadelphia, 2339 Cottman Ave.
- New Balance, San Francisco, 856 Market St.
- YCMC, Washington DC, 1060 Brentwood Rd. NE
- YCMC, Windsor Mill, 6901 Security Blvd.
- END, London, Ebor Street
- Solebox, Berlin, Nuernberger Strasse 14
- One Block Down, Milan, Piazza Ventiquattro Maggio
- Tsvetnoy, Moscow, 10 trans. Stoleshnikov
- Alcorta, Buenos Aires, Jerónimo Salguero 3172
- New Balance, Seoul412 Gangnam-daero, Yeoksam 1-dong,
- NB 1906, Shanghai, No.958 West Nanjing Road
- NB Shibuya Pop-up, Tokyo, Shibuya Cast, 1 Chome-23-21 Shibuya