Reebok Releasing Colossal Jurassic Park Collaborative CollectionRelease: 30 July 2021
Reebok are continuing their 90s nostalgia trip with another piece of pop culture from the decade: Jurassic Park. The original film first screened in 1993, kicking off an extremely successful franchise series. Now, their next accolade is a massive eight-pair sneaker collaboration with Reebok.
Here’s a quick rundown of each model:
- Instapump Fury: originally released in 1994, not long after the film’s debut, Reebok’s wildest runner receives an animal-striped finish based on Jurassic Park’s guest vehicles.
- Club C: this pair references the attire worn by the floral shirt and yellow raincoat–toting villain Dennis Nedry, finished with zebra patterns.
- Club C: Alan Grant’s fit informs this tan, bandana and denim blue colourway. While a velociraptor claw graphic is included as an Easter egg.
- Classic Leather: Chaos Theory on a sneaker. Each foot is split down the middle with the medial blacked out, while the lateral is much more floral.
- Zig Devil Kinetica: this Zig Kinetica II interprets the SUVs driven by Jurassic Park staff. It may or may not survive electric fence collisions.
- Club C Legacy: the virtual Mr. DNA finally gets a signature sneaker, and it nods to his helpful explanations of how DNA works.
- Jurassic Stomper: borrowing a model made famous by another iconic sci-flick, this blacked-out strapped high-top features swappable InGen patches.
- Pump Omni Zone 2: according to Reebok, they combined dinosaur and sneaker DNA to form this Dilophosaurus in green shoe form.
The Jurassic Park x Reebok collaboration releases on July 30 from Reebok and select retailers.