The adidas Tresc Run Celebrates Those Who Stand Apart
Now adi have taken the 90s vibes to a new level with the Asterisk Collective, which celebrates boundary-pushing design, talent and community contribution, for their latest old-meets-new release: the Foot Locker—exclusive Tresc Run.
As sneakerheads continue to scoop up chunky, panel-heavy styles inspired by the kicks of decades past, the Three Stripes have done well to offer up something new at every break. The folks in Herzo have even kept things fresh by coupling the aforementioned old school aesthetic with new school tech, combining classic uppers with modern tooling in the ‘Never Made’ packs, for instance, and reimagining silhouettes like the Nite Jogger as a contemporary lifestyle design with full-length BOOST.
Heavy on the Panels
Like the Nite Jogger, adi’s Tresc Run is the perfect blend of tried and true styling with comfy latter-day cushioning tech.
One glance at the kicks and the inspiration behind the design is obvious. Pairing a mesh base with a combination of suede and leather overlays to go with reflective Three Stripes branding, the Tresc Run’s upper looks like something from a late-90s footwear catalogue. The iconic Trefoil logo even graces both the heel and tongue to further drive home the retro inspiration.
In fact, the old school looks run so deep that the Tresc Run essentially borrows its upper from another retro-inspired adi silhouette: the Temper Run. Place the Tresc and the Temper side-by-side and you’ll notice that the two pairs share much of the same panelling throughout. Think of the Tresc as a sleeker, more streamlined take on its Temper counterpart.
BOOST Goes the Distance
While the upper may scream 90s, the Tresc Run’s tooling comfortably sits with its 21st century contemporaries, thanks to some decidedly modern cushioning.
Unlike the Temper Run’s adiPRENE, the Tresc opts for the Three Stripes’ fan-favourite, energy-returning BOOST. The plush, beloved foam runs the entire length of the midsole and even gets an added dose of stability thanks to the inclusion of a flame-shaped midsole plug. The fiery addition even adds a little flair to the design, and fits in perfectly with the swooping lines of the overlaying mudguard on the upper.
And capping things off? A translucent outsole with multicoloured marbling throughout.
In celebration of the new design, adi have partnered with Foot Locker to both debut the design, and to launch a creative endeavour worthy of the release.
Dubbed the Asterisk Collective, the collaboration is billed as ‘a platform empowering creative partners to make a difference in the world through their respective initiatives, positively impacting communities all over the world’. The Collective and their * mark, which decorates the premiere ‘Active Red’ version of the Tresc Run, are meant to signify ‘the exception to the rule — in product design, talent and extraordinary contributions to community.’
So, who makes up the Collective? Naturally, the Asterisk cohorts are a team of Three Stripes heavyweights. Spanning music and sports alike, the Collective includes the likes of Kid Cudi, Raury, and H.E.R. alongside Patrick Mahomes, Donovan Mitchell and Candace Parker. According to Foot Locker and adi, all six will be making their mark throughout 2019:
- Kid Cudi will provide the opportunity for kids to experience the healing powers that creativity can have, through outlets like music, art and design.
- Raury will bring music to communities to promote self-wellness, like hosting co-creating surprise outdoor concerts that benefit local communities.
- H.E.R. will fuel her non-profit ‘Bring the Noise Foundation’ to provide access to high-quality music programs, top tier artists, and mentorship for under-served communities.
- Patrick Mahomes will amplify his passion for inspiring hospital patients through sport and make an impact on a greater scale, by hosting sporting event viewing parties at local hospitals.
- Donovan Mitchell will amplify his acts of kindness, inspiring others to join the movement and celebrate experiences that benefit the community.
- Candace Parker will connect with young women across the country and inspire them to make the world a better place through equality, by creating an inspirational speaker series.
Expect big things from the Collective in the months to come, including even more limited-edition footwear drops: After debuting the Tresc Run back in December, Cudi, Mahomes, and company are slated to drop a bevy of additional adi colabs throughout 2019.
Foot Locker Approved
A Foot Locker exclusive, the Asterisk co-signed Tresc Run is available now worldwide — complete with special Collective-branded packaging — while additional colourways are on tap to further showcase the Three Stripes’ running legacy.
To get a piece of the action, head to Foot Locker now and add to cart.