From today, you can get your kicks from the crafty sneaker vending machine, created by Japanese sports fashion brand Onitsuka Tiger. It will be as easy as getting hold of a chocolate bar or a can of coke, as well as being the most convenient way to ensure your feet look good at all times. The latest advance in sneaker shopping comes after months of arduous design work by the Onitsuka Tiger team. The machine is made up of over 100 bespoke parts and can vend 24 pairs of trainers at any one time, in any of 6 sizes.
The trainer vending machine will be stationed just off Carnaby Street for three days only at the Onitsuka Tiger store between Monday 14th - Wednesday 16th April and all trainers from the vending machine will begiven away- so you don't need to put your hand in your pocket at all. After making a star appearance in London, the vending machine will then embark on a national tour throughout 2008, starting in Manchester.
Penny Keen, Onitsuka Tiger Brand Manager commented: "We hope trainer fans love our latest creation as much as we do and enjoy the latest and most innovative way to buy their Tiger Feet. Onitsuka Tiger prides itself on its heritage, so taking inspiration from modern day Japanese vending machines (which vend anything from eggs to loo rolls) seemed like the perfect next step for the brand; it's satisfying knowing that we're the first in the world to do it and we can't wait to take it to Onitsuka Tiger fans across the UK."
Some facts from the good folk at Onitsuka Tiger:
* Each postcard entitles the winner to one token only to use in the vending machine
* Winning postcards must be exchanged for an Onitsuka Tiger token at store counter
* The vending machine only vends trainers in the following sizes: UK 5,6,7,8,9 and 10. No alternative sizes will be provided
* Trainers vended are non refundable and non exchangable
* The machine will stock only Mexico 66 in Red/ White/ Blue for the April launch
* No purchase necessary
* No cash replacements are available for this promotion
* The competition runs daily between Monday 14th and Wednesday 16th April until the vending machine is empty each day. If the machine is empty, no alternative prize or cash will be given
15 Newburgh Street