Topic: Sneaker Pimps Collectors/Non Collectors, Buyers, Sellers!

Hmmmmmmm reached 25 posts, god damn!

Only 25 to go till I drop 85 pairs of sweet ass sneaker pimping loving on this site... Betta ya can't wait.

Feeeeeeellllls good!

Re: Sneaker Pimps Collectors/Non Collectors, Buyers, Sellers!

Um well no. You must be a member for 3 months before we decide if you will be able to sell.

All the gear and no idea.

actually, every one probably can wait. i'm certainly in no hurry to see them.

Nice... Seeing a fair bit of heat on this forum from some members.

Do you even read.other peoples posts?

6 (edited by Mik December 26th, 12 8:11am)

not this one thats for sure

Well he obviously has given up!

if i recall, he spammed the site with a bunch of crap post and a few thinly vailed "I have this if anyone want to buy them" post and I told him politly to POQ

Fair enough you not wanting people that run a business selling shoes jumping on here and killing the sales section with $55 free's but i came onto this forum because iv got some legit kicks to sell and id rather them go to collectors then some idiot on ebay and i wrote a post in the new members area and didnt get a reply. could there possibly be a section where new members can just post up ebay links or something?

Oh thats not the point at all, its more that if people are force to stick around for 3 months and contribute to the site, then they will be less inclined to rip people off, not foolproof of course, but it is a discouragement. You do realise that everyone here also searches ebay, like...every day. OS not only are we here, we're also the idiots on ebay.
If your so keen on selling to collectors, then contribute to the site get through the 3 months and you'll be able to.

i dont really know what to contribute. yeah i didnt realise you all hound ebay, ha.
i think having one ebay link thread in the sell forum would be good though.
I will post a thread up though for some help getting info on the shoes im selling. i mostly know nike but to sell iv got mizuno (which i cant find any pics of any of them on the net)
and asics which im having trouble finding aswell.
thanks for the reply

You don't know how to contribute?
It's really just a way of saying , give your opinion .
Post in the wdywt thread, or even what you've bought recently.
Then you'll hit the post count quickly.

Corey - ebay threads in the for sale area wouldn't really be appropriate.

ebay sells at auction to the highest bidder and the audience includes millions of people who have no interest in your shoes. in SF, you've got a dedicated, interested bunch of customers, who generally know their stuff, and aren't interested in paying "the highest possible amount".

in return for access to these customers who are interested in buying sneakers, we dont want you selling the shoes for the highest amount possible. we want you to price the sneakers fairly, at a decent non super inflated value.

please dont post a new thread asking about your mizuno. we already have a thread for that purpose, and you'll just annoy everyone for not reading or seeing the existing sticky thread.

haha I loved how hard the creator of this thread got ripped! I too need to reach 50 posts but only so I can post up photos of my collection, shoe stands and set ups. I'm sure a lot of ppl here can relate to having a room dedicated to their sneakers.

I always sell via ebay with the same user name I'm sure some of you would have seen some of my listings, 100% positive record and I plan to maintain it. Usually selling off my sneakers just to free up space for dirt cheap prices. I find ebay safer and ppl are committed to the sale even though you pay fees sometimes it worth it.

Also if ppl catch on that someone is only here to sell than wouldn't other members be hesitant to trust them...? just my 2 cents here

I  love how you paid no attention to the fact he got ripped into for posting so much crap to post bump that you did it yourself.

my bad. I just want to contribute honestly and fairly. I do follow the sneaker game closely in Canberra and Sydney. I've just started a new thread of some white foams spotted still on shelves in Cbr, is that ok to be its own thread? I couldn't see an existing thread for white foams.

Also, if you have pics of your collection you would like to post...
Just pop up the link with a few gaps in it and somebody should sort you out.

Arghhhh!!! The fridge goat broke my dick.

kollateralkicker wrote:

Also if ppl catch on that someone is only here to sell than wouldn't other members be hesitant to trust them...? just my 2 cents here

and thats why there's 50 posts and 3 months, and then feedback threads, to try and give people some idea of whether or not the person is a flake. its not perfect but its better than before.

and as firecrakka said, post the links out with some spaces and someone will fix it. if you browse the threads you'll see examples of people doing it.

thanks Firecrakka and brendan for the info, really appreciate it. I'll get some updated photos organised and post up the 'false links' on my New comer thread