1 (edited by NotMatt June 21st, 13 2:08pm)

Topic: NeverWet is finally available - Is it good for your collection?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/DZrjXSsfxMQ[/youtube]

So I saw that NeverWet has finally released, remember that ridicilous hydrophobic spray that saw chocolate sauce dripping off a pair of white authentics?

Looks like it's hit retail in the US. Anyone going to try it on their premium pairs?

Not spam, but genuinely interested.

EDIT: What the hell does it take to embed YouTubes here nowadays?

Re: NeverWet is finally available - Is it good for your collection?

http://youtu.be/DZrjXSsfxMQ
http://www.youtube.com/DZrjXSsfxMQ

your bbcode looks correct to me sad not sure why it wont embed. maybe its thread related? sorry

Ultra Ever Dry? Thats been out for about a year or so...

All the gear and no idea.

Same stuff mik? Same results?

All I remember is this stuff was all over the sneaker blogs a couple years back, but only just come out far as I can tell.

The fact stuff can just run off like water off a duck's back is pretty damn jizz worthy, but not sure personally if I'd be up for spraying it on a pair of Mags or anything at that level...

dunno, seems liek the same stuff, just different people. Seems liek ultra is 1 part but never wet is a 2 part process...or some shit.
I want it to put on bikes, stop them getting covered in crap.

All the gear and no idea.

i showed this to people in the office, and the bike rider one thought she'd heard people talking about it for use on bikes.

sent a note to a sneakermate in the states currently to see if he's near a home depot. cant find it for sale in australia yet

It was superhydrophbic actually.

Serial chilla

Yeah, it'll be interesting to hear reports of what it's like in practice, especially on suede and nubuck.

Personally I don't even bother with basic weatherproofing. Probably should change that one day.

Apparently this is a bad idea if you shoes are any other colour other than white. It leaves a white hazy film on the shoes. Not a good idea.

sneakers are for wearing not waterproofing?

yeah i dunno about all that stuff either. i think i remembered for a little while when owen sold me a can, but then i forgot what i'd done and what i hadnt. and it took an extra minute/memory to do in the morning, and i forgot and got lazy. now i'm not sure where the tin is.

if this is leaving a residue then it'll kill it as a product for most sneaker people.

not sure if theres any other places selling it or if you are even allowed to ship it to Aus.

I ask because i know such aerosol like plasti dip that are inflammable cant be shipped over.

But theres some customer reviews that say it leave a white film or made some discolouration but supposedly they are making a spray that dries clear.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/204216476? … cgIxNhmwpU

Feared there'd be some downside to it!

I agree with you brendan, sneakers are for wearing above all else... but I think we've all had that moment when the weather's pissing down and we've ended up stepping in a puddle deeper than it looks and ended up with a soggy shoe halfway up your ankle.

interesting for me in terms of walking boots, but i wonder how long the coating would last when it comes up against scrub, rocks etc.

not too mention the possible long term affects on the materials in the shoe

I once "waterproofed" a pair of black/gold patent Jordan 1's and it messed with the material. Gave it a sheen that didn't look very natural at all...

IG: NumbersNZ

doh! click here to read a review.

here's the last few paragraphs....

Huh. Note that in the two viral videos, NeverWet’s reps repeatedly show off its utility on clothing and electronics. In one, an employee takes apart an iPhone, sprays the inside with the NeverWet, then dunks the phone in a water. But the company seems afraid to claim that it can protect your valuables, so its fine print walks back those videos. “Can NeverWet be used on electronics?” asks the product’s FAQ. “No, NeverWet should not be used on electronics.”
I concur. When I sprayed NeverWet on an old smartphone, the device was so thickly covered with the rubber stuff that you couldn’t see anything on the screen. (That’s why, in the video, they have to take apart the phone and spray the inside.) Even despite the thick coating, NeverWet didn’t protect the phone: It survived an initial dunk in water, but water clearly seeped into the device, and after a half an hour or so, the phone froze. A wireless keyboard was luckier—NeverWet seemed to protect it from the water I poured all over it. On the other hand, the keyboard was covered in NeverWet, which meant that its keys felt like sticky sandpaper. Well, I guess I was warned not to use it on electronics.
I hate having to tell you all this, by the way. I’m very sad. If it worked as well as the videos suggest, NeverWet would be a wonder. The world needs something like it. For now, though, NeverMind.

Nice work brendan. Glad not to have been a guinea pig.