Topic: cleaning ruin my nikes

far out. after seeing so many docks recommend cleaning and the hiphop culture.

cleaned the shoe and it never the same again! weaker and flaking! f**k. why?

doesn't this happen. ruin a shoe that never appear AGAIN!

Re: cleaning ruin my nikes

you have to be real carefull when cleaning them, gone are the days when you threw them in the washing machine...

Thats why I don't clean shoes... well that and I don't care, i just wear them fkers

All the gear and no idea.

i've got two pairs of J5s metallic silvers that seriously need cleaning, but i've kept wearing other shoes instead of cleaning. i'm probably going to put the worst one through a gentle wash cycle just to see what happens. if it ruins it, well i'll clean the 2nd pair differently. the "worst" pair i threw up stomach acid on, and it's eating its way through the material sad the not as bad pair i stepped into clay and sunk to my ankle sad its had a bit of a hose off but otherwise waiting for me to be really really bored.

fk I so gutted. that were the only shoe I bought so matched. and it's not possible to get the same pair.

what shoe was it? probably would have been better to ask before washing, but many people do it without loss. have you tried that Jason Markk? cleaner?  i kinda side with mik in that i rarely rarely wash my shoes. maybe a quick hose down of the sole to remove mud but thats about it.

ShoeManFoo has been washing heaps of AMs in the washing machine recently and had some great results. he's bought beaters of gumtree really really cheap, puts them in the wash and suddenly they're decent shoes again.

Mik/Kuyakoy/whoever else washes shoes - is it worth perhaps compiling a listing of what shoes people have cleaned and how? bit like that instagram list i keep semi updated. we could list specific shoe/colourway and just a "yes i washed it and it lived" or "yes i washed it and it disintegrated". if we left the list in the cleaning thread and bumped it once a month or so it might be helpful?

I'll get back to you. I am going to yum cha

6ixIndustrise wrote:

I'll get back to you. I am going to yum cha

lol

Into Hip Hop? Check out Sole Music
https://www.facebook.com/hiphopsneakers

i totally rate jason markk as a sneaker cleaner, im not one for putting shoes thru the wash...
I also held off on cleaning my J5 metallic silvers because its suede but i used a brush and the sneaker cleaner and it came out good the suede looks clean.

reshoeven8r will do the trick if you're in need of washing.

I would avoid in future using any bleach of any sort... harsh chemicals and being ultra careful with suede.... sounds like bad luck brah lol

"An autocop situation ensued"