Topic: Air Jordan III/IV Midsole restoration

What's going everyone, my name is Chase, I moved to Australia about a year ago from the United States.

I used to restore sneakers over in the states for people, and ever since I moved here, I found that there aren't a lot of people who offer this service.

So I figured I'd make a profile and offer up the service to anyone who may be in need.

I only work with Air Jordan 3 and 4 for now and my angelus paint colors limit me currently to these shoes

Air Jordan 3: Fire Red
Air Jordan 3: Black or White Cement
Air Jordan 3: Cool Grey
Air Jordan 3: Harbour Blues
Air Jordan 4: Black Cement (Bred)
Air Jordan 4: Military Blue
Air Jordan 4: Fire Red
Air Jordan 4: White Cement

I am also getting back into clearing out yellow soles on 5's, 7's, 11's and Foamposites.

if anyone is interested at all in having their midsoles restored feel free to hit me up with questions, I am also willing to give tips on how to do the job/color mixing/cleaning/decreasing toe box/ etc etc etc.

email me with any questions! My email should be in my profile description

ChaseMaccini AT Yahoo DOT com

Re: Air Jordan III/IV Midsole restoration

Hey man, welcome to SF.

You got any examples of previous work?

If you need me, I'll be in space.

I do, I tried to link my gumtree ad up, but it did not allow me to, as I obviously do not have 50 posts yet. let me figure out how to upload a picture to this thing and I'll get it up

ah well that's lame, it isn't even letting me post pictures of my work.

if you add me to facebook you can see pictures there. anyone is free to add me!

Chase Maccini

post the urls but space them out somewhat so it doesnt get recognised as a url. someone will fix it if they're on topic.

6 (edited by brendan January 15th, 13 6:22pm)

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/blnc/130115/352r1/1259je5_20.jpeg

great idea! thank you very much, that is a photo of a pair of fire red 3's that I recently did for a friend of mine who works at the Nike Store in Sydney City

8 (edited by brendan January 19th, 13 8:30pm)

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/blnc/130115/352r1/9097hln_20.jpeg

This is a finalized pair of black cement 3's that I did about 2 weeks ago, no before pictures unfortunately as I was way to excited to get started on restoring shoes again. Very sorry about that

and the toe box looks rather odd in that BC 3 photo, it is because I was also decreasing the toe box, and it is stuffed with plastic bags.

got a few pairs of shoes I'm doing next week.

1 pair of 2008 CDP Black Cement 3's
and
1 pair of 2007 Fire Red 3's

I'll be sure to hit this forum up with more pictures of my work, before and after.

do sole swaps?

unfortunately no.

I trust my hands with repainting midsoles and decreasing toeboxes, but I have never attempted a sole swap, If I ever do I will add it to what I am capable of.

I meant to add that I dont trust my hands at tearing apart the entire midsole

Any chance you'd add DTRT IIIs to the list? The midsole on those falls off like a bitch!

Just let me work with some color mixing and I will definitely be able to.

the hard part about midsole repainting, isn't the painting, it's getting the colors perfect.

I also order my paint from the states and it takes a while to get here as soon as I get that DTRT color way down I'll be good to go

not sure if this should be in the customs section or not...

All the gear and no idea.

tbh this thread would have more attention in the sneakers section

u r spending most of u lifetime on ur feets man, r u insane or u r Wikipedian guy especially like protecting ur beautiful feets??

I can post this in the customs section if you'd like

^^ minhyy thats why I didn't move it (don't worry chase)... its kinda a custom thing, but it not (I am assuming youre just returning to new look?).
Either way good thread and getting lots of interest.

...if only nike would learn a thing or 2...

All the gear and no idea.

yeah I mainly try to return a shoe as close to dead stock as possible.

I was in line at Nike Sydney city for the black cement 4's in November, and the amount of people that hadn't even heard of sneaker restoration, let alone attempting it is what made me want to start doing this again for people.

thank you!

21 (edited by brendan January 26th, 13 12:49am)

Just finished up a pair of Fire Red III's and a pair of 2008 CDP Black Cement III's

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/251930_124900177679624_770148225_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/424509_124900081012967_1354158072_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/74918_124899337679708_2092357744_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/72386_124899201013055_1329117125_n.jpg

I also decided to make a facebook page for anyone interested in getting any work done

Look up: Sneaker Revive Sydney on facebook and give it a like!

Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro nouvelle génération de chaussures pour hommes Color,Violet et rouge et noir

protip: one post is so much easier for me to edit, but the less spaces worked better :thumbsup: thanks for the thread and the posts though, i'm not complaining, just trying to reduce the editing time i have to do.

Most definitely man, I will remember that until I have reached the 50 post threshold haha.

thanks for editing those in

Currently uploading a 2 or 3 part video showing the process of what I do.