Topic: Pre Release Jordans

I am curious as to where the Pre Release Jordans on sites such as RMKSTORE and SOLEAWESOME come from? They say they are authentic, but how is this?

Re: Pre Release Jordans

They Pre release some.

Thread end.

Serial chilla

or... air randy hahahaha

I thought we'd already concluded that pre releases are dodgey out the back door crap that no self respecting sneaker person would buy... only hype monkeys

All the gear and no idea.

Thread end.

Serial chilla

man you guys are getting lazy. at least throw a link to the thread you're referring to.

jack - go here for the answers you seek

ha i thought it was in the middle of a jordan thread and didn't even try to look, nice work B.

yeah I didn't trust them, just curious as to what they were. Thanks for the help!

Mik - in theory with the new forum, it'll be easier to link to specific posts inside threads. thats the theory anyway.

Jack - no worries. for what its worth, i'd rather not get a shoe, than pay a premium to get early what might not be legit product. if i buy a nike, i want to be able to take it to nike if there's a fault and ask them to fix it. if they gave it back to me unfixed, because its a prerelease/notauthorised/earlyrelease/whatever, then i'm wasting my money in the first place. you will not die if you do not get a specific shoe when its released. it will fill like it sure, but if you goto sleep, you'll wake up again, still alive, just without a pair of shoes that some people consider hyped/heat. jsut wait for them to appear in your local shops, and then buy them from there.

there's a lot of people on the net who've had good relations with air randy and co, but there's also heaps of people who've got something negative to say about randy and co. i dont need the trouble/stress in my life that might come if i purchased one of their pairs.

damn bro k dropped some real knowledge on that article.... BOOM!

Ima take my chances in stores.

WTT: Sharkskins sz 9us for sz 8us.

"An autocop situation ensued"

shooster - at the time K wrote it, it was then picked up by quite a few international type sites. its a bloody good read imho.

ah no it was a matter of finding the posts, not the linking... couldn't remember where to even start.

what i generally do these days to find stuff on here is to hit google with

site:sneakerfreaker.com <authorname> <keywords>

include the colon, but drop the brackets. often i dont know the author name exactly (unless its one of my threads) but i can remember enough of who posted the info to help me find the thread. eg - for that grey market i used

site:sneakerfreaker.com kuyakoy grey jordans randy

that generates two hits. the first one is the one we wanted.

i think the biggest cause of successful searching SF is to use that site: term. it locks the results to only come from that site.

yeah the whole grey sneaker thing.... I was told by someone at levis that they make 'outlet' jeans and apparel etc. 

Wonder if Nike does the same thing. I noticed a lot of the time when you check out outlet shoes(esp. nike) their insoles are removable(as supposed to being glued to the shoe)

re: the innersoles?

probably just random imho. of all the shoes i have at home, i cant determine beforehand if a inner is removeable at a glance. even in the same shoes there can be differences. any shoe that is Nike+ enabled will have a removable inner.

also a removable inner means that people can buy the sneaker and put their orthopedics in. generally i think removable inners are a better thing.

RE: levis
what did you mean by Levi making outlet jeans? you mean levi "produce" multiple (different) brands ? again kinda makes some sense. they have their premium range (levis) and then their cheaper variants. nike effectively did the same with SB and 6.0.

Nike SB is the premium, generally has better tech, better cushioning, higher price.

Nike 6.0 is the cheaper variant, pretty similar to SB, but little bits of tech will be missing and there'll be lunar inners instead of zoom air, that kind of thing.

yeah thats what i do with google search, except I put the search first and site 2nd...

innersoles, yeah often the nike sole are random, I have had 2 of the same shoe, one with one without removable insoles, nothing to do with outlet stuff.

i remembered too that i've had inners that were removable and i glued them in cos it was bugging me. i also remember inners that weren't actually removable, but i only worked that out as they came out of the shoe with heaps of glue marks. enough glue had failed that i thought the inner was supposed to come out, but in fact it was just bad glue.

i really doubt its outlet related too.

also I have had shoes with glued in and with removable insoles since before there were outlets

loling at myself i just realised....

shooster wrote:

Wonder if Nike does the same thing.

lets see.....

Premium -> Not Premium
Nike -> Converse / Hurley
Nike SB -> Nike 6.0
Nike Tier0/etc -> Nike GR
Nike Premiums -> Nike GR
Nike ACG -> Nike shield
AF25 -> AF1
Nike SB Dunk -> Nike6.0Dunk -> GR Dunk
Jordan "Flagship" -> Jordan Brand
Lebron Elites -> Lebron
Kobe Elites -> Kobe Flagship
Kobe Flagship -> that cheaper Kobe knockoff that nike made for the asian market
Nike Elite socks -> Nike socks
Nike H2go hoods -> Nike hoods

its arguable that in the past, Jordan Brand -> Nike Basketball, but the last few years that'd be very contentious. hyperdunk and some of the others are arguably possibly better than some of the JB stuff.

i'm sure there's better/more examples but that's what came to mind.

RMK is pre-order not pre-release- they are super legit.

criminal minded you've been blinded lookin for a style like mine you can't find it

Legitimacy was never the main subject(one would hope), it was more how the pre whatever's are possible with these guys. I always believe that RMK is more legitimate than a shoex store and whether or not they play the same game as air randy, no one will know.

Thanks brendan and mik... I always thought that was just an outlet thing- to distinguish... Any given shoe from the outlets I've bought had always had removable inners(no glue at all) and all the normal store nikes I have, you absolutely cannot remove the inners from them. It was even more prevalent with the samples that roamed around. And I used Levis as an example because I know for a fact they manufacture for main store and consignment purchases(myer, DJ, who ever else stocks the brand or special makes i.e. LVC) and they have an Direct Outlet manufacturing set up as well)

interesting, I would say most, maybe 90% have a removable insole, and I don't normally buy outlet stuff (i assume lots of cheap stuff from ebay comes from US outlets). Most shoes should have a removable insole

And I would say legitamcy IS the main main subject, as said  RMKSTORE and SOLEAWESOME)  is not pre release, they are pre order.
As always there people saying they have their pre releases already, to me that is a dodgey pair (well rtalking about bred 4's)

my guess is that RMK know quite ahead of time what their sales will be, and they have the option to buy that quantity, hence preorder. i didnt think RMK sold prerelease or anything grey. i''ve known of it for years, and known people buying off it for years, and i've never heard anyone be concerned about their shoes. from memory, RMK dont dispatch till the drop date.

randy and co/prerelease - different matter entirely.

the only shoes I own with the insoles stuck down are gazelles, campuses, suedes, air force 1s and zx7000s

and yeah rmkstore, kix-files and the like are pre-orders and they don't ship out until release

What do you mean? You run faster with a knife! Everyone runs faster with a knife!

Mik and Brendan - agreed.
Point of difference
Pre-order= pre selling allotment of shoe to be processed on release day= legit
Pre-release= selling sneakers ahead of release day= generally 'grey' sneakers-dodgy

criminal minded you've been blinded lookin for a style like mine you can't find it