Topic: Sneakering in Bangkok n other stuff
I realise there is a shitload of post re: shopping in bangkok..in a recent trip (like 2 weeks ago) one of my main purposes was to hunt down as many stores (predomiately sneaker stores) as i could!.
The sneaker scene is picking up in Bangkok, but most shoe stores do carry the same stock!.. only a few select stores did stand out!.
NB just hit the Bangkok scene earlier this year and is gaining a huge liking.
Also SF Issue #8 was floating around in almost every sneaker/skate/street wear store i walked into... Was really amazed!
1. General Departments stores (Emporium Shopping Mall, Central Chid lom, Siam Paragon)
- stock pretty much the same range of kicks from one department to store to the next. (ALL LEGIT I MIGHT ADD)
2. Siam (General Area)
as posted by other ppl, Siam is the general hang out area after uni students, high schooler etc are done for the day. In this area you will find huge amounts street wear clothing etc.
In preference to sneaks the following stores took my licking (subjective view here).
- Preduce (the only store in Thailand to hold a Nike SB Account and also partially sponsored by Nike SB). Brand new store open late late July 06 (small however) stock all good shit!.. website currently underconstruction (www.preduce.com).
- Yeah! (thats the actual store name)
another store located just round the corner from preduce also in the same area (and opposite MBK). 2.5 levels of sneakers, tees (kicks are overly priced but real) i think they source there kicks from OS and not local accounts (hence a bit more expensive due to Thailands huge import taxes).
- Sneakavilla - Also located in the Siam Area. (www.sneakavilla.net)
sneaka lines ranged from ice creams, bapesta, nike, adidas etc. very cool store
- Adidas Original Store (Siam Centre)
no need to explain any further on this!
- Converse Store (top level of Siam Centre)
no need to explain any further on this!.. all the chucks, jack purcells you could ever possibly want!.
- Nike Store (Siam Centre Level 1 and 3)
- Replay Store (ground floor Siam Discovery Centre)
500 ozzie bucks for a pair of jeans? mmmmm
- Villians SF (Ground floor Siam Centre)
- Puma Store (I think level 2 Siam Discovery Centre) and another one or two on Sukhimvit Rd.
- Sports Revelution (there's alot of this stores around the main city area of Bangkok
- Sports Junction (Siam Centre & MBK).
- MBK (general)
note that some stuff in BKK are not fake shite!.. u just need to go thru every aisle n take a look.. the top floor has some of the best buys around
General ass shopping
- Best times to go r in July and Dec/Jan there sales are off the roof with reductions up to 70% of the OG Price especially if you want to hit up the department stores etc.
.. and the sales dont have the shite that we go thru here in Sydney (sydney sales r shit!)..
Drinking & !!!
- Q BAR Bangkok (Sukhimvit Soi 11).
- Bed Supperclub (Suhhimvit Soi 11 Also) just down the road from Q BAR Bangkok
- Love u Long times! Silom (every hooker joint u could possibly imagine). However Silom Soi 4 does rock a few good clubs
NOTE - THE CLUBS IN BANGKOK HAVE TO CLOSE BY 1AM DUE TO STRICK LAWS.. however u will find the odd 1 or 2 undergrounds that are open!
(A soi to them is what we call a street, lane or avenue)
More to add! latr